The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Data Scientist with Health Care Industry expertise.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Build recommendation engines, spam classifiers, sentiment analyzers and classifiers for unstructured and semi-structured data
- Cluster large amount of user generated content and process data in large-scale environments using Amazon EC2, Storm, Hadoop and Spark
- Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
- Drive client engagements focused on Big Data and Advanced Business Analytics, in the health care space (claims data, payor/provider data, clinical outcomes); communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns
- Five years of professional experience working as a Data Scientist
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures and algorithms and ability to work in a Linux environment, processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment
- Masters degree or PhD from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields, with a minimum of two years of relevant experience (strong mathematical background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint)
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: machine learning, data visualization, statistical modeling, data mining, or information retrieval
- Strong data extraction and processing, using MapReduce, Pig, and/or Hive preferred
- Proficiency in analysis (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab) packages, programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby) as well as the ability to implement, maintain, and troubleshoot big data infrastructure, such as distributed processing paradigms, stream processing and databases such as Hadoop, Storm, SQL and Solr
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.