The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Big Data Software Engineer Consultant – Microsoft Big Data & Analytics.
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, and implement architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry experts to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails financial data, and operational data
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Netezza, SAP HANA, and Microsoft Azure
- Architect (Manage), implement, and test data processing pipelines, and data mining / data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings, such as AWS, Azure, client technology stacks, and KPMG’s own clusters
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, across multiple, diverse domains; communicate results and educate others through design and build of insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations
- Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management, and client relationship development
- Minimum four years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university; PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering solutions utilizing the Cortana Intelligence Suite of analytics services part of Microsoft Azure including HDInsight, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL, Data Factory, Streaming Analytics, Data Catalog, and Power BI; experience with on premises Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server 2016 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) and Microsoft APS is a plus
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Python, Scala, or Java, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk, etc.; and experience with large-scale, big data methods, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm
- Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment or .NET, with experience with source code management systems like GIT and SVN
- Work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences; ability to travel up to 80%,
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.