Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the day to day activities of the Central Sterile Processing Department.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and monitor the daily activities of the sterile processing department to ensure departmental functions are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain knowledge of and provide information and guidance related to departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Review and maintain accurate equipment cleaning, sterilization and maintenance records.
- Have technical knowledge of surgical instrumentation, medical equipment, and be able to problem solve when issues arise with each.
- Promote efficient use of materials and financial resources
- Participate in data collection opportunities for quality improvement activities
- Function in the capacity of a sterile processing technician when there are shortages in staffing
- Maintains a relationship based on good communication with each customer the sterile processing technician serves.
- Central Sterile Processing Technician with 2-3 years experience required.
- Certified Operating Room Technologist with five or more years experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.